Totally agree. This should be fitted during The Mechanical Assembly, Section 4, Step 2. I fitted mine with a shorter bolt in the position that is really hard to access - means I didn’t have to do an excess number of turns.
Before screwing on the Y-Plate assembly with the stepper motor attached to the to the two extrusions, it is worth looking at The Electronics Assembly, Section 1, Step 4. Fix the Y-Axis-Moving-End to the Y-Plate-Left assembly now. It will save a lot of frustration later when you realise access to a blot is very limited…………
Shouldn’t the M5-Low-Profile-15mm bolts be the other way round so the heads of the bolts sit in the countersinks of the Drag-Chain-Moving-End-Mount?
I have just built my WorkBee V2.1, and I didn’t have this problem with the Y plates being handed. They were both identical.
Don’t fix these end caps yet…..you need to slid in t-nuts during the next stage.
If you are unsure where to put the T-nuts, look at step 4 as the are used to fix the corner brackets to the plates and beams.
Also for this step, I found it easier to take off the stepper motor to give better access to the bolts used to join endplates to beams.
Check the bearings to makes sure they spin freely before inserting into the wheels. It was only when I started later construction did I find a wheel where the bearing was jammed. Only noticed when making adjustments with a C beam that there was too much friction. Lucky there is a spare wheel supplied, as I had to use that (can’t get the duff bearing out at the moment).
I found it easier to put the bearings into the hole, before passing the screw through. Also means you can’t get them the wrong way round as it just ‘looks right’.
Look at the picture in step 7, and you can see what to do with the nut that came with the ACME-AB-Nut-Block.
Once they have, you'll be able to view a graph of their reputation gained over time.
Here's a preview of what the graph will look like:
No reputation gained yet.